Massage Therapists at LaVida Massage franchise location’s essential duties include performing professional and quality massage while utilizing approved modalities within scope of practice and licensing (as applicable) and in alignment with policies and protocols in your franchised location as well as designing specific sessions based on member’s/guest’s individual needs.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Perform professional quality massage, within scope of practice and licensing (as applicable).
- Must follow all LaVida Massage policies and protocols.
- Assists in the cleanliness of the location (therapy rooms and common areas).
- Maintain professional appearance at all times.
- Tailor specific massage sessions to meet guest’s individual needs.
- Assist in promotion of the health and wellness benefits to clients receiving regular massage
- Create a consistently excellent guest experience through friendly and helpful attitude.
- Reliable, on time attendance. Attends all scheduled shifts, is prompt to work and works entire scheduled shift.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Training:
- Minimum of 500 hours of massage therapy school and a certificate of completion.
- Participates in continuing education credits to improve effectiveness (preferred).
- Satisfactory results of all background and reference checks is a condition of employment in this position.
- Must adhere to all applicable local and state licensing laws and regulations related to the massage therapy.
- Must follow any applicable laws pertaining to maintaining current Massage License.
- Knowledge of and experience in performing Swedish/Relaxation and Deep Tissue Massage required, as well as knowledge of and experience in performing other modalities offered by LaVida Massage.
- Understands and believes in the healing benefits of massage therapy and bodywork.
Communications and Personal Interactions:
- Must have a strong customer service orientation.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively (orally and written) and in a courteous and professional manner on a regular basis with guests, co-workers and management.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Must complete all SOAP notes completely as to the local and state licensing requirements.